Monday, October 24, 2011

Bitter Sweet Revenge Interview With Brandon Peters

I interviewed Brandon Peters of Bitter Sweet Revenge. :)
Brandon is the former frontman of Scream The Dream. Now he's the front man in Bitter Sweet Revenge. :)
I asked Brandon who the members were and he said "I'm actually going to keep all of my musicians personal for right now and not tell anyone until we actually have music on our page."
The band was formed by Brandon and a friend right after his departure from STD (Scream The Dream).
I asked Brandon about who influenced them and he said "It's different for all of us. Generally the style we are going for is like Black Veil Brides, Falling In Reverse, Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romance and Get Scared."
Every member of Bitter Sweet Revenge had been in serious bands prior to BSR.
Brandon realized he first wanted to be a musician when "About halfway through my 10th grade year. I met a band called LoveHateHero (Now broken up) and they were from my hometown. They were amazing musicians and amazing people and it was a really big inspiration to me to want to pursue it."
Brandon defines "music" as "Anything that makes a sound. I like to think that people believe the only way to make music is with an instrament and that's not really true. I mean what is it? Slipknot that uses trashcans or something like that in their music?"
In the next one to three years, Brandon's plan for the band is to release an album, begin touring and hopefully to be at the top of the music scene.
Brandon describes the music as "Ummmm poppy but mixed with a bit of heaviness at the same time. Diverse and very creative."
The songs are about real things that go on in their lives. "Whether it was a break up with a girl, family issues, over coming obstacles or working through our problems."
Brandon's live performance experience was that he shared the stage with Get Scared, Vampires Everywhere, Dr. Acula, Falling In Reverse, Winds Of Plague, Carnifex, The Great Commission, As Blood Runs Black, Impending Doom and many more.
I asked him what his musical background was and Brandon replied with "I grew up on alot of pop/alternative music and some punk. I'm a huge fan of The Clash. I also listened to alot of Green Day, Blink-182, My Chemical Romance (MCR) and Weezer growing up. I didn't even start listening to bands like Escape The Fate, Underoath and Pierce The Veil until after 10th grade basically."
If you liked this then you should like Bitter Sweet Revenge on Facebook. :) I promise you won't be disappointed. :)
Well Brandon, I wish you and the boys the best of luck in  your music career and hope I hear from you soon. :):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment