Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Look Out Below Interview With Jackson Rea

This is my first interview ever!! I hope I did okay!
I interviewed Jackson Rea of the band Look Out Below. And he was amazing. :)
The members are of course, Jackson Rea. He plays guitar, banjo, ukelele, percussions and vocals. There's also Gavin Spannbauer. He plays guitar, piano, does vocal and he's the sound guy.
I asked Jackson how the band form and his response was "I was dating a girl who had known Gavin for quite sometime and she knew how passionate I am about music so she introduced us. Within hours, the two of us were together... And been playing ever since."
That is actually very awesome. :) I asked Jackson who they were influenced by and his responded with "The list would be really long but I think Gavin and I can both agree that one of our biggest influences musically is Mayday Parade."
I then asked Jackson if this was their first band experience and as it turns out, Jackson was in a band in seventh grade called Deception. It wasn't exactly his best idea. Gavin had been making hip hop beats for quite sometime so it seems they know a lot about music and working with others.
By this time, I was quite dazzled with Look Out Below. It was just quite a few years ago when they realized they wanted to be musicians.
And what do they define "music" as? "Music is happiness... Music is coffee and cigarettes." 
Gavin defined "music" as: "Music is my drug... I need it... All the time, everyday. If I don't get my fix, I go through withdrawals. Have you ever seen an emotional teenage musician go through music withdrawals? Not a pretty sight."
Their immediate music career goals in the next one to three years are tour, get signed, release an album or two and a few E.P's.
They usually try not to describe their music but instead they just play it for them. I think that is truly amazing. :):):)
Look out Below spends most summers playing on the streets and they play tons of shows in Los Olivos, California; which is a tiny town.
And finally, in the last four years, Mr. Jackson has taught himself to play well over twenty six instraments.
If you liked this then check out the band, Look Out Below on Facebook. I'm looking forward to another interview with them as their career takes off!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment