Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Scream The Dream Interview With Donnie Shredzzz

I interviewed with Scream The Dream's Donnie Shredzzz. They're a band from California. :)
Their members are: Donnie Shredzzz on bass, Dominic Warman (Nicky War) on guitar, Emilio Mendez (Miolife) on guitar as well, Steven Gregory Poindexter II on drums and Christian Rich with vocals.
I asked what made him want to start a band, Donnie's responce was "Well they had already started the band without me because I was with another band at the time but we were all friends at some point and all played instraments so we started jamming and next thing ya know, we're here. Haha."
Donnie wasn't too inspired by just one person of musical talent but he said "If I had to say anyone, it would be Avenged Sevenfold. They were one of the first bands I listened to that made me want to pick up a guitar and learn. It was the same with Blink- 182. 'Damnit' was the first song I ever played on guitar."
I'm trying to learn to play that on my bass guitar. :)
Anyways back to the interview, I then asked if this was his first band experience and his reply was "Well me, Dominic (Nicky War) and Mio were in an old band together called ANH (A Natural High) and I was also in a band with Brandon called IRUNTRAINS about a year ago so this is the third band I've been in."
Wow!! Sounds super exciting! :D
Donnie realized he wanted to be a musician when he startd playing with all his close friends and had a good time doing it. "Who wouldn't want to do what they loved?"
I asked Donnie what he defined "music" as and his response was "I define music as art you can hear."
I then asked what his immediate music career goals are in the next one to three years. "Well me and Dominic have recently been talking about doing tours around the country and we want to make more merch and songs, of course."
It sounds like you guys have a lot of stuff planned. :)
Donnie describes his music to people as "Haha. That's always a tough one to do. I normally say it's kinda poppy with some heavy metal and like.. uh... rock and rolly. I guess... You just gotta see us live. Haha."
And what are the songs about?? "I know one of them is about fake people and uh another about love but to be honest, I don't really know. Haha. I just play the notes."
And you do a fine job with that. :)
I then asked him what their live preformance experience was and Donnie replied with "One of the most memorable live experiences I've had was playing in Hollywood with Black Veil Brides, Get Scared, Vampires Everywhere and Modern Day Escape. It was an amazing crowd and a full house and it was just a great show."
Donnie described his musical background as "My music background has always been punk and screamo. I've listened to it all my life. As far as instraments go, I know some piano, guitar, bass and a little bit of drums."
If you liked this then like Scream The Dream on Facebook. I hope to hear from them again soon. I wish them the best of luck on their career!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment